The Women’s Metropolitan Golf Association Foundation is proud to continue our Junior Girls’ Scholarship program.
Junior female players have the opportunity to apply for the WMGA Scholarship which can provide funds for tuition, room and board, incidental fees and books. Scholarships are based on the recipient’s continuation in school and financial need.
Eligibility requirements are as follows:
- An applicant must be a young woman who has exhibited an interest or association with the game of golf.
- An applicant must establish financial need by submitting copies of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), SAR (Student Aid Report), her parent’s and her personal income tax returns, and financial aid decisions.
- An applicant must have applied to or be attending a university, college or accredited trade school.
- An applicant must demonstrate scholastic ability by submitting SAT and/or ACT scores and high school and/or college transcripts.
- An applicant must be of outstanding character, integrity and leadership.
- An applicant must reside in the area covered by the Women’s Metropolitan Golf Association. That area is within a 60 mile radius of Columbus Circle in NYC and the entirety of Long Island.
- An applicant must be available for a personal interview with a member of the Foundation Board.