The WMGA Foundation has provided scholarships to support young women pursuing higher education. Since its inception in 2001, over 115 young women have received financial assistance.
Young women have the opportunity to apply for the WMGA Scholarship which can provide funds for tuition, room and board, incidental fees and books. Scholarships are based on the recipient’s continuation in school and financial need.
The applicant must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Exhibit an interest or association with the game of golf.
- Establish financial need by submitting copies of the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid), SAR (Student Aid Report), her parents’ and her personal income tax returns, and financial aid decisions.
- Have applied to or attend a university, college or accredited trade school.
- Demonstrate scholastic ability by submitting SAT and/or ACT scores and high school and/or college transcripts.
- Be of outstanding character, integrity and leadership.
- Reside in the area covered by the Women’s Metropolitan Golf Association. That area is within a 60 mile radius of New York City limits and the entirety of Long Island.
- Be available for a personal interview with a member of the Foundation Board.