“The mission of the WMGA Foundation is to provide scholarships to deserving young women attending an institution of higher learning who have an interest in golf and golf activities, to foster girls’ junior level involvement in golf and competition, and to promote the game of golf to all women.”
The WMGA Foundation, Inc. was established by the WMGA in 2001 as a 501 (c) (3) Public Charity to give back and grow the game we love. At its core, its mission is to foster and encourage the growth and development of young women and girls in conjunction with golf activities through various programs. Today, the WMGA Foundation is very proud to support the following activities:
- Scholarships are awarded annually to young women from the New York metropolitan area who will be attending college or graduate school and are involved with or who demonstrate an interest in the game of golf.
- The applicants are chosen, with a heavy emphasis on financial need, based on the following factors: integrity, character, leadership, academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, and civic or volunteer involvement. The Foundation chooses scholarship recipients without regard to race, religious belief or national origin.
- Through 2020, approximately $800,000 has been committed to 125 recipients
- Girls To The Tee are free clinics offered to junior girls ages 6-18 at various private and public golf courses throughout the summer.
- Local PGA professionals provide the girls with an introduction to the game of golf through instruction and age-appropriate games.
- Clinics foster friendships among the participants, identify juniors with special talent, and teach basics and love of the game.
- The Fellowship Program reimburses WMGA tournament entry fees and related tournament costs. In addition, it provides mentors to our Junior Independent Members who apply and are accepted into the Fellowship Program.
- The USGA Event Stipend provides modest stipends to WMGA Junior and Junior Independent Members who qualify for USGA Events.
These programs would not be possible without the support and generous donations of many individuals. Donations are 100% tax deductible and can be made online by clicking above, or by mailing directly to the WMGA Foundation Office at 49 Knollwood Rd, Elmsford, NY 10523. If you would like to donate securities or have any questions regarding the WMGA Foundation, please contact the WMGA Foundation at (914) 592-7888 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.