An amateur woman golfer who is a member in good standing at her Member Club can apply for Membership in the WMGA.
She must have an active USGA Handicap Index of 23.0 or less and have access to the Member Club’s golf course at least four days per week for a minimum of three months during the season. A woman who is entitled to the privileges of the course solely by virtue of her employment at that Member Club will be deemed to not be a member of a Member Club.
1. An existing membership must be renewed for the next year no later than December 15, at the discretion of the WMGA Board. If the December 15 deadline is not met, the member must apply for and meet all the requirements for New Membership.
2. Annual dues for Renewing Membership in 2019 are $100 and should be remitted to the WMGA Representative at the member’s club. Dues will not be refunded for any reason after April 1 of the current year.
A member of a Member Club with a maximum USGA Handicap Index of 23.0 may apply for New Membership at any time during the year; however, to participate in the 2019 Team Matches, she must have joined by December 15, 2018, at the discretion of the WMGA Board.
1. A member may apply for Inactive Membership only under the following circumstances:
a) Leave of absence is taken from a Member Club; or
b) Change in membership status at a Member Club which results in a membership status that does not meet the requirements for Renewing Membership; or
c) Resignation is submitted to the member’s club, and the member does not join another Member Club.
2. In the event Inactive Membership is granted by the WMGA, the member may NO LONGER PLAY OR COMPETE in any WMGA event.
3. An Inactive Member may apply for Renewing Membership at any time during the year; however, to participate in the 2019 Team Matches, she must join by April 1, 2019, at the discretion of the Board. Reinstatement may be requested through a WMGA Representative. Resignation from the WMGA must be made directly to the WMGA office.
4. An Inactive Member may be eligible for Independent Membership.
5. Annual dues for Inactive Membership in 2019 are $10. An Inactive Membership request, together with the annual dues, must be submitted directly to the WMGA office no later than December 15, 2018. If the December 15 deadline is not met, the WMGA will presume the Inactive Member has resigned.
1. A girl who has not reached her 19th birthday by the first day of the calendar year and has not started college, and who is a member of a Member Club, or whose parent or guardian is a member of a Member Club, may become a Junior Member for that year. She can apply for Junior Membership at any time during that year.
2. A Junior Member does not need a USGA Handicap Index to join the WMGA.
3. There is no annual fee for a Junior Membership. A Junior Member must be registered by December 15 if she would like to participate in Team Matches, at the discretion of the WMGA Board.
Junior Fellowship Membership
The goal of this program is to identify passionate, competitive junior golfers and award them a Fellowship into the WMGA.
1. A girl who is at least 12 years of age and has not reached her 19th birthday by the first day of the calendar year and has not started college may be eligible. Juniors completing an application for this select membership must NOT be affiliated with a WMGA Member Club and her parent or guardian must NOT be a member of a Member Club.
2. An active USGA Handicap of 14.0 or less is required.
3. If selected by the Junior Fellowship Committee, the Fellowship player will have all the privileges and responsibilities of a WMGA Junior Member.
4. This Junior Fellowship will be awarded for one year with the opportunity to receive the honor again through the application process.
5. Excellent sportsmanship on and off the golf course and an interest in competitive golf are requirements for consideration.
6. Applications are available on WMGA.com under the “Juniors” tab.
1. A woman amateur golfer who is not a member of a Member Club with a maximum USGA Handicap Index of 23.0 may apply for Independent Membership at any time during the year.
2. An Independent Member must meet the requirements set forth in the WMGA Constitution and Bylaws.
3. An Independent Member must meet two of the following criteria:
a) Resident address must be within WMGA territory.
b) Hold a USGA Handicap Index serviced by a local organization (MGA, NJSGA, CSGA).
c) Majority of rounds of golf posted over the previous year, in season, must be within the WMGA territory.
4. Annual dues for Independent Membership in 2019 are $200 and should be remitted to the WMGA Office. Dues will not be refunded for any reason after April 1 of the current year.
5. Independent Members are ineligible to play in Team Matches, vote, or hold office.
6. The Independent Membership Committee holds the final decision to approve applicants and reserves the right to modify any of the rules in this book governing Independent Membership.
To apply for Club Membership, a club must meet the requirements set forth in the WMGA’s Constitution and Bylaws and must offer its course every three years for a WMGA tournament in addition to Team Matches.
2. Annual Dues for Club Membership for 2019 are $200 and are payable by January 1. Failure to pay the dues prior to April 1 will be deemed to be the club’s resignation from the WMGA membership and its members will be ineligible to play in WMGA events until the club pays the dues for Club Membership.
3. A Member Club that refuses three requests to host a tournament other than Team Matches may be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension of its members from all WMGA events (Team Matches included) at the discretion of the WMGA Board.