An amateur woman golfer who is in good standing at her Member Club can apply for Membership to the WMGA. She must have an active USGA Handicap Index of 23.0 or less and have unlimited access to her golf course at least four days per week for a minimum of three months during the season. A woman who is entitled to the privileges of the course solely by virtue of her employment at that Member Club shall be deemed to not be a member of a Member Club.
New Membership - N
1. A member of a member club with a maximum USGA Handicap Index of 23.0 may apply for New Membership at any time during the year; however, to participate in the 2019 Team Matches, she must join by December 1, 2018.
2. Any Junior Member who has reached her 19th birthday, or has started college, must apply for New Membership provided her Handicap Index as of the November 15 final revision is 23.0 or lower.
3. Annual dues for New Membership in 2018 are $100 and should be remitted to the Women's Met Representative at the member’s club (Met Rep). Dues will not be refunded for any reason after April 1 of the current year.
Renewing Membership – R
1. An existing membership must be renewed for the next year no later than December 14. If the December 14 deadline is not met, the Member must apply for and meet all the requirements for New Membership mentioned above.
2. Annual dues for Renewing Membership in 2019 are $100 and should be remitted to the Women's Met Representative at the member’s club (Met Rep). Dues will not be refunded for any reason after April 1 of the current year.
Inactive Membership - I
1. A Member in good standing may apply by letter or email for Inactive Membership ONLY under the following circumstances:
a. Leave of absence is taken from a Member Club;
b. Change in membership status at a Member Club which results in a membership status that does not meet the requirements for Membership; or
c. Resignation is submitted to the Member’s club, and the Member does not join another Member Club.
2. In the event Inactive Membership is granted by the WMGA, the member may NO LONGER PLAY OR COMPETE in any WMGA event until her membership status is restored.
3. When the status of an Inactive Member changes and the Member is again able to satisfy all the requirements of her Membership, the member must elect in writing to have her Membership reinstated, or resign. Reinstatement may be requested through a Women's Met Representative (Met Rep). Resignation from the WMGA must be made directly to the WMGA office.
4. Annual dues for Inactive Membership in 2019 are $10. An Inactive Membership request, together with the annual dues, must be submitted directly to the WMGA office no later than December 14 of the current year. If the December 14 deadline is not met, the WMGA will presume the Inactive Member has resigned.
Junior Membership - J
1. Junior membership is open to a girl who has not reached her 19th birthday by the first day of the calendar year, has not started college, and who is a member of a Member Club, or whose parent or guardian is a member of a Member Club, may become a Junior Member for that year. She can apply for Junior Membership at any time during that year.
2. A Junior Member does not need a USGA Handicap Index to join the WMGA, but they must have a USGA Handicap Index of 23.0 or less to participate in Women's Met Team Matches.
3. Annual dues for Junior Membership for 2019 are $20 and should be remitted to the Women's Met Representative (Met Rep) at the Member’s club. A Junior Membership must be renewed for the next year no later than December 14. Dues will not be refunded for any reason after April 1 of the current year.
1. To apply for Club Membership, a club must meet the requirements set forth in the WMGA Constitution and Bylaws and must offer its course every three years for a WMGA tournament in addition to Team Matches.
2. Annual Dues for Club Membership for 2019 are $200 and are payable by January 1. Failure to pay the dues prior to April 1 will be deemed to be the club’s resignation from the WMGA membership and its members will be ineligible to play in WMGA events until the club pays the dues for Club Membership.
3. A Member Club that refuses three requests to host a tournament other than Team Matches may be subject to disciplinary action, including suspension of its members from all WMGA events (Team Matches included) at the discretion of the Board.