- About Us
- Team Matches
- 2016 Team Match Schedules
- 2016 NTRF
- Rule 2 - Match Play
- TSB Team Match Rules
- Series Captain Responsibilities
- Team Captain Responsibilities
- Information for First Time Players
- Etiquette Letter
- Posting Your Scores
- News & Photos Memo
Women’s Metropolitan Golf Association Foundation, Inc.
“The mission of the WMGA Foundation is to provide scholarships to deserving young women attending an institution of higher learning who have an interest in golf and golf activities; to foster girls’ junior level involvement in golf and competition; and to promote the game of golf to all women."
The WMGA Foundation, Inc. was established in 2001 to provide scholarships to deserving young women attending an institution of higher learning who have an interest in golf or golfing activities. Over the years, the WMGA Foundation has broadened its mission to include growing participation and interest in junior girls’ golf. Today, the WMGA Foundation supports the following activities:
- Scholarships are awarded annually on the basis of integrity, character, leadership, academic achievement, extra-curricular activities, civic or volunteer programs, and financial need without regard to race, religious belief or national origin.
- “Girls to the Tee” is a free clinic for junior girls held in conjunction with PGA professionals. The clinic fosters friendships among the participants, identifies juniors with special talent, and teaches basics and love of the game.
- Junior Fellowship Program provides WMGA memberships to qualified juniors who do not belong to WMGA member clubs.
Historically, the WMGA Foundation’s major funding sources include the annual Foundation Fundraiser, a grant from The Hal and Ruth Launder’s Charitable Trust, and contributions from individuals and member clubs which hold their own “Foundation Days.” The WMGA Foundation is planning other programs to increase its endowment.
You can make donations online at www.wmga.com or by check. If you would like to donate securities or have any questions regarding the WMGA Foundation, please contact the WMGA Foundation at (914) 592-7888 or Foundation@wmga.com.